_

8 Feb 2012

Chores Chart Redo Time


I am about to redo my kids chore chart. They haven't been changed since the summer and watering the garden didn't seem really relevant any more.

My oldest is 17 so her chart is easy to fill  out-meal making and housekeeping skills that she can use when she moves out on her own in a few years (she enters University next September).

The middle one is 9 so hers is filled up with house stuff at her skill level and her own room/school stuff

But my youngest is where I am having the problem. He is 5 and is not in school yet so there is no school stuff to put on his chart. He is not big enough to use the broom and I really don't want help folding the laundry. He likes to use the steamer to wash the floors but only cleans down the centre of the floor so that doesn't count.
So I find myself writing make-work projects on his chore chart. I don't think our stair banisters need to be dusted once a week but it is there. I would like him to be doing something that actually helps our house or gives me less to do but maybe that isn't going to happen at his age.

What chores do your preschoolers do around the house? Do they do them regularly? happily?

Even though I have always had the expectations that my kids do chores the younger two still fight them frequently, the youngest the most, I have actually started making my kids use tokens for computer time so I have something to take away when they have a big blowout about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...