_

9 Jan 2012

Why Organizing Spaces Helps Us

 There are five people in our house: 2 are packrats ( one is me), a 9 year old list maker who collects notebooks, one teenager whose room always looks like it exploded and a grown man who thinks piles mean organized. So my house is not completely organized, everything we own doesn't have a home and sometimes this gets me down. The chaos makes me a wee crazy and I do a flurry of decluttering until I can see the surface again. This may only last a day but it makes me happy at the time.

But of course having a organized house would make some things faster to do. So I cruised around pinterest-any excuse to view the eye candy- and found some ideas for organizing some spaces that would make our life easier or more enjoyable. I wanted ideas that would be free or inexpensive to do as well so you could go do them right now rather than wait till you had the equipment.

I am a sewer so knowing where my thread are and quickly finding the piece of fabric I want is important to me. I usually have more than one project on the go and I keep all that I need- pattern, thread, fabric, etc in a drawstring bag so I have everything together when I am ready to go.

Here are a few ideas for crafters

toilet paper rolls and hangers to store ribbon. The tute is actually here from bee-inspired.


or storing ribbon in a dollar store plastic holey container. The tute is here at spunky junky.






For knitters knowing where the right size needle was would be pretty important. There is a tute to make a knitting needle roll here at rosmademe.





I have plans to do this with my measuring cups. Mine are always falling of the shelf and landing in my recycling. I hope mine looks as pretty.

how about organizing spices with some jars and chalkboard painted lids

We love Lego in our house and we have recently added to it with a visit to the bulk pieces wall at a LEGO store in Bellevue- there is no such store in the lower mainland of BC so we really enjoyed that. I love how these people organized their Lego ( be sure to click over to their site it is photo rich).


This idea for keeping the gadget charger cords easy to find is great and if you already have binder clips it is free

and if you want to make the clips blend into the decor better you can check out a tutorial for covering them with fabric or paper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...