_

25 Jan 2012

Decorating a Jar with Spray Paint

check out the Infographic Design  Contest here

In continuing my quest to get control all those little flibbergidgets that young children collect I made a pink jar for A's room.

These are all over the web but I thought I would show you mine and tell you somethings I will do differently next time

the supplies
  spray paint( left over from painting her side table this summer)
  rubber bands ( left over from making my son a geoboard)
  mason jar ( left over from spaghetti sauce)

You gotta love a free project that only costs you some time


wrap your jar in elastic bands, next time I wouldn't have them go from top to bottom as the ones that circled the jar left the best design

Spray paint the jar. I only did one layer of  paint but you can make it as opaque as you want.

The first thing my oldest said when she saw me removing the elastics from the jar was that it would make a great light so I may make one for her room with a battery candle



*next time I would use more elastics, and only circle them around the jar
*this jar also had a lot activity in that it had a lot of raised or indented letters/writing which detracts from the design so next time I would use a smoother jar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...